Some of you Event Planners and Small Business owners out there may be wondering “What is SEO?” I am here to help you answer this question. S.E.O. stands for Search Engine Optimization. The next question that you may be asking yourself is “What does that mean?” Search Engine Optimization is basically how people find your business website in search engines. When you build your presence through Blogging, Social Media, Directories, etc. this helps build your content on the internet which can help increase web traffic to your company website. Building content can take time and you should not have to spend more time on your blog and Facebook than Mark Zuckerberg. As an Event Planner, you always have to stay abreast of the hottest trends and ways to maximize time and resources and how to best connect with your clients. Your content marketing strategy should not be as hard as Cheryl’s Math Problem. Therefore, here are 7 tips to help you with your Content Marketing Strategy.
- Review Content Marketing Strategies on YouTube and Follow Content Marketers on Facebook and Twitter. I would suggest following Jeff Bullas, Inc., and Jasmine Sandler There are many great people and companies to follow but I would start with those outlined.
- Create a Blog Calendar for yourself and commit to blogging at least once per week. It is easy to become discouraged when trying to develop blog topics. However, think about the type of information that your clients would enjoy most and develop best practices around that area. helpful and free ideas are great to offer your clients.
- Make sure that your business webpage is listed on Google By having your site listed using Google Business it allows local customers to find you by business name.
- If you would like for your business webpage to rank higher, you will want to use tools such as Google Adwords in order to understand what types of words to place on your webpage as well as blog posts. These Keywords help clients find your site when looking for exact or like content. You can even purchase certain Adwords from Google and for select periods of time so that your site ranks higher when clients are looking for an Event Planner.
- Make sure that your Instagram, Facebook and Twitter are updated daily, this lets your audience know that you are still there and allows you to build content for your Google Ranking. As an event planner you can share best practices around kid’s parties, wedding event planning, being the best birthday planner, how to lead with class with baby shower event planning and just being the best total party planner. As a reminder, helpful and Free Ideas are great to offer your clients.
- Start a company board on Pinterest and pin relevant content to your audience. This is a great way to show off some of your creative event design ideas as well.
- Use apps such as Fiverr to create 3D videos that could be as cheap as $5! Videos are a great way to provide visual aids to your clients as well as assist with building content for your website.
The ideas listed above should help you get started with your Content Marketing strategy. Be on the look-out for more helpful hints from Events For Less. If you need a detailed Content Marketing Strategy and do not have the time, check out my Digital Marketing Services Page.