After posting my luxury Events For Less cupcakes on Facebook, many people asked: “How did you make your cupcakes portable?” The following are steps for ensuring your cupcakes get to their destination safely while looking great!
You will need the following materials:
- Bouquet of silk flowers-Pull the blooms off of the stem
- Roll of Shrink wrap-Cut 6″X6″ squares
- One pack of clear plastic cups-Make sure they are large enough to fit a cupcake
- Tissue Paper in your color of choice-Cut 3″x3″ squares
- One pack of clear or patterned treat bags
- Ribbon-Cut into 7″ strips
- Cupcakes that do not have frosting on them yet
- Pastry bag loaded with frosting of your choice and tipped
- Clear tape
Step 1: Crumble tissue paper and place at bottom of plastic cup.
Step 2: Sit Cupcake in cup
Step 3: Ice your cupcake. Make sure to leave 1/4 inch space at top so that you can cover.
Step 4: Place shrink wrap square on top of cupcake cup
Step 5: Blow dry so that wrap shrinks around cup
Step 6: Place cup in treat bag
Step 7: Twist bag and tie ribbon at base of cupcake cup top
Step 8: Spread out the bag at the top
Step 9: Double side tape silk flower to top of cupcake top
Step 10: Place in a decorative basket or on decorative tray
For more supportive event planning ideas, visit the Events For Less.