Hey! You just developed a new product or service right? Now what? You think that you don’t have time to focus on your marketing but you actually do! Here are a few steps to get you headed in the right direction.
* Identify the Top 20 blogs with content that connects with your target audience. These will provide inspiration and help you better understand preferences of your target audience.
* Create a blog. I would suggest using WordPress. The blog can act as an informational source of supportive content for your product or services.
* Write a brief 200 word or less blog post about subjects related to the product or service twice per week. When you write blog posts, place hyperlinks to websites with supportive content within select words or phrases that are key words related to this content as this will help establish backlinking and associate your Blog content with like posts. ( Go to http://www.eventsforlessllc.com) and read the most recent blog post. You will see words highlighted and those are the ones with hyperlinks to sites with like content) Select the same day and time when you post to your blog so that your audience knows when to expect the posts.
* Create a Twitter Page for the product or service as well as a Facebook page.
* Repost Blog posts on Twitter and Facebook and utilize hashtags related the the product’s content and target audience. If you want to take things a step further, attach Buffer to your blog and it will post to your Twitter and Facebook for you all at once. You can also sign up for the Hootsuite to help preload posts in advance and engage with your audience when you do not have time.
* Follow the Top 20 Blogs that you identified above on Twitter and Facebook. @ all of your Twitter posts to those blogs and people, products and companies related to the content of your product or service.
* This will boost the Search Engine Optimization of the offering over time and help you gain more awareness at a steady rate.
In addition to the steps outlined above, I would eventually have a Press/Media Kit designed and submit it to media sources aligned with your product or service. There is a step by step guide on how to make a press kit that I wrote at http://www.eventsforlessllc.com
Get to work! Make your offering a success!