Hey! You just developed a new product or service right? Now what? You think that you don’t have time to focus on your marketing but you actually do! Here are a few steps to get you headed in the right direction.
* Identify the Top 20 blogs with content that connects with your target audience. These will provide inspiration and help you better understand preferences of your target audience.
* Create a blog. I would suggest using WordPress. The blog can act as an informational source of supportive content for your product or services.
* Write a brief 200 word or less blog post about subjects related to the product or service twice per week. When you write blog posts, place hyperlinks to websites with supportive content within select words or phrases that are key words related to this content as this will help establish backlinking and associate your Blog content with like posts. ( Go to http://www.eventsforlessllc.com) and read the most recent blog post. You will see words highlighted and those are the ones with hyperlinks to sites with like content) Select the same day and time when you post to your blog so that your audience knows when to expect the posts.
* Create a Twitter Page for the product or service as well as a Facebook page.
* Repost Blog posts on Twitter and Facebook and utilize hashtags related the the product’s content and target audience. If you want to take things a step further, attach Buffer to your blog and it will post to your Twitter and Facebook for you all at once. You can also sign up for the Hootsuite to help preload posts in advance and engage with your audience when you do not have time.
* Follow the Top 20 Blogs that you identified above on Twitter and Facebook. @ all of your Twitter posts to those blogs and people, products and companies related to the content of your product or service.
* This will boost the Search Engine Optimization of the offering over time and help you gain more awareness at a steady rate.
In addition to the steps outlined above, I would eventually have a Press/Media Kit designed and submit it to media sources aligned with your product or service. There is a step by step guide on how to make a press kit that I wrote at http://www.eventsforlessllc.com
Get to work! Make your offering a success!
Tips for Event Planning
Some of you Event Planners and Small Business owners out there may be wondering “What is SEO?” I am here to help you answer this question. S.E.O. stands for Search Engine Optimization. The next question that you may be asking yourself is “What does that mean?” Search Engine Optimization is basically how people find your business website in search engines. When you build your presence through Blogging, Social Media, Directories, etc. this helps build your content on the internet which can help increase web traffic to your company website. Building content can take time and you should not have to spend more time on your blog and Facebook than Mark Zuckerberg. As an Event Planner, you always have to stay abreast of the hottest trends and ways to maximize time and resources and how to best connect with your clients. Your content marketing strategy should not be as hard as Cheryl’s Math Problem. Therefore, here are 7 tips to help you with your Content Marketing Strategy.
- Review Content Marketing Strategies on YouTube and Follow Content Marketers on Facebook and Twitter. I would suggest following Jeff Bullas, Inc., and Jasmine Sandler There are many great people and companies to follow but I would start with those outlined.
- Create a Blog Calendar for yourself and commit to blogging at least once per week. It is easy to become discouraged when trying to develop blog topics. However, think about the type of information that your clients would enjoy most and develop best practices around that area. helpful and free ideas are great to offer your clients.
- Make sure that your business webpage is listed on Google By having your site listed using Google Business it allows local customers to find you by business name.
- If you would like for your business webpage to rank higher, you will want to use tools such as Google Adwords in order to understand what types of words to place on your webpage as well as blog posts. These Keywords help clients find your site when looking for exact or like content. You can even purchase certain Adwords from Google and for select periods of time so that your site ranks higher when clients are looking for an Event Planner.
- Make sure that your Instagram, Facebook and Twitter are updated daily, this lets your audience know that you are still there and allows you to build content for your Google Ranking. As an event planner you can share best practices around kid’s parties, wedding event planning, being the best birthday planner, how to lead with class with baby shower event planning and just being the best total party planner. As a reminder, helpful and Free Ideas are great to offer your clients.
- Start a company board on Pinterest and pin relevant content to your audience. This is a great way to show off some of your creative event design ideas as well.
- Use apps such as Fiverr to create 3D videos that could be as cheap as $5! Videos are a great way to provide visual aids to your clients as well as assist with building content for your website.
The ideas listed above should help you get started with your Content Marketing strategy. Be on the look-out for more helpful hints from Events For Less. If you need a detailed Content Marketing Strategy and do not have the time, check out my Digital Marketing Services Page.