Hey! You just developed a new product or service right? Now what? You think that you don’t have time to focus on your marketing but you actually do! Here are a few steps to get you headed in the right direction.
* Identify the Top 20 blogs with content that connects with your target audience. These will provide inspiration and help you better understand preferences of your target audience.
* Create a blog. I would suggest using WordPress. The blog can act as an informational source of supportive content for your product or services.
* Write a brief 200 word or less blog post about subjects related to the product or service twice per week. When you write blog posts, place hyperlinks to websites with supportive content within select words or phrases that are key words related to this content as this will help establish backlinking and associate your Blog content with like posts. ( Go to http://www.eventsforlessllc.com) and read the most recent blog post. You will see words highlighted and those are the ones with hyperlinks to sites with like content) Select the same day and time when you post to your blog so that your audience knows when to expect the posts.
* Create a Twitter Page for the product or service as well as a Facebook page.
* Repost Blog posts on Twitter and Facebook and utilize hashtags related the the product’s content and target audience. If you want to take things a step further, attach Buffer to your blog and it will post to your Twitter and Facebook for you all at once. You can also sign up for the Hootsuite to help preload posts in advance and engage with your audience when you do not have time.
* Follow the Top 20 Blogs that you identified above on Twitter and Facebook. @ all of your Twitter posts to those blogs and people, products and companies related to the content of your product or service.
* This will boost the Search Engine Optimization of the offering over time and help you gain more awareness at a steady rate.
In addition to the steps outlined above, I would eventually have a Press/Media Kit designed and submit it to media sources aligned with your product or service. There is a step by step guide on how to make a press kit that I wrote at http://www.eventsforlessllc.com
Get to work! Make your offering a success!
When you’re in a service-based or consulting business, having robust processes in place is the key to growing your businesses. There may be several businesses that offer the same service or product but the key to success is being able to differentiate yourself in the marketplace. The following are useful materials that will assist you with staying abreast of marketing techniques as well as ways to differentiate your business. These tools will also help you build your skills while crafting a successful image of your personal or professional brand.
A Complete Checklist for Social Media Managers
This guide by Social Times shows you how and when to engage with your audience.
How to Make More with a Social Media Plan
This post by Events For Less helps you understand your target audience, where to potentially find them and the best times to reach them.
Social Media Marketing Cheat Sheet
This guide by 360i uk shows you how to best utilize each social media platform.
7-Step Social Media Marketing Plan
This guide by Sprout Social shows you how to maximize your social media strategy.
The Beginner’s Guide to Social Media Marketing
This guide by Juntae DeLane helps beginners navigate their way through social media
5 Tips to Improve your Content Marketing Strategy
This post by Business 2 Community outlines how to set realistic goals for your Content Marketing strategy and how to measure for success.
How to Get Better at E-Mail Marketing
This guide by Monique Malcolm helps you craft professional and creative e-mail marketing campaigns.
How to Boost Your Email Marketing Open Rates
This blog post by Force Marketing helps you understand how to maximize your content when utilizing e-mail marketing campaigns.
How to Get Word of Mouth
This post by Referral Candy gives awesome real life success stories of businesses that creatively applied strategies to grow their brands.
How to Build a Reputation When You’ve Just Started Your Business – Five Simple Steps
This entertaining video from Marie Forleo is very helpful with explaining how to get your business off to a great start!
The posts listed above are just some of the many great tools that can be used to assist with growing your business. For more helpful ideas around how to grow your business using digital marketing and events, check out Events For Less!